Friday, January 29, 2010

Payment & Dad's music is EMBARRASSING!

Today the kids received their payment for weeks of daily chores. The Reward: Choose one parent to be in charge of for one hour, with a $5 spending limit. Jack went first, being the youngest. He chose Doug... they played rock band on drums together, ninja turtles, imaginext astronauts, and went to Ben & Jerry's for Ice cream. Max went next. He chose Doug, they played Rock Band, the SpiderMan game, kids sudoku, and went to Ben & Jerry's for Ice cream. Mer chose me. We played house with stuffed animals, a couple of songs on Rock Band, and hit 7-Eleven for Slurpee's. They were surprised how fast an hour flies by.

Luke joined Doug in his stomach workout this morning. Luke loves his "da da" .

I think today was the first time I heard Max use the word "embarrassing "
You may know that Doug likes to listen to music, loud music. When he takes the kids to school on his days off they always tell him to turn the music down when they get out of the car.

Today Doug jokingly asked, "who do you want to listen to when I drop you off today, guys?"
Max- I want to listen to air.
Doug- oh yeah, I have the band Air, we can listen to them.
Max- No, no, this is what it sounds like, shh everybody be quiet. See, Air!
a little later... Doug asks why don't you want anyone to hear the music when you get out.
Max- Well, Dad, because it's embarrassing!!

Fun times!!

3 comments:

Jones said...

I'm afraid I'm the kind of parent who gets a kick out of 'embarrassing' her kids!!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Doug makes me laugh!

FWmom said...

that it the cutest story!! Doug has officially hit the embarassing your kids stage just by existing!!!
funny!!! tell him to rock on proudly in the name of all parents!!!! :)