Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Anti-Sleeper a.k.a. The Dark Tag Champion of the night

Here is LUKE. He is learning to fold his arms during the prayers. While he doesn't usually close his eyes, he does tuck his fist right up tight under his chin and hold them there the whole time the prayer said. It is so cute. Max does a good job of modeling it.
I recall not so long ago posting about what an angel this little guy is at bed time. Well today I officially eat my words...He is a nut when it comes to going to sleep. 2 weeks of a cold + 1 week of travel= a seriously messed up sleeper. He will not go to sleep. He wants to watch a show or fall asleep on Doug's lap, and when he does, he'll wake up again at some point begging to be held again. This morning he greeted me at the door when I got home from my run (2 hours earlier than he normally wakes up) He then through a fit when Dad left for work. He has become such a daddy's boy. Its a good thing he's so cute.

JACK is into making silly faces. I'm glad I get to hang out with him all day.
He is such a fun little companion.

MEREDITH is loving her new haircut but admits it is a little cold for short hair.
She is currently working on her science fair project that is due Friday. It is about how the color of light effects the growth of a plant.

A new game was invented this week by Max and Mer. "Dark Tag". They turn off all of the lights in the hallway and shut all the doors so it is pitch black. Then the person who is it has to close their eyes and walk around trying to tag someone, while everyone else who can barely see tries to avoid them. It is incredible how much they love this game. Tonight they convinced Doug to join them. And interestingly enough Luke was named best player of the evening.
Creativity lives on in the Markos household.

4 comments:

Becky N. said...

Dark Tag sounds right up my kids' alley. They love anything and everything to do with playing in the dark!

Alex has been learning to fold his arms, too. He's also been known to babble right alongside the prayer-sayer, as if he were also saying it.

I'm sorry Luke's good sleeping has disappeared. Alex was sick for a couple days and would do nothing but lay against my chest for 2 days straight, and sleep with his entire body squished up against mine. It's been completely NOT fun trying to get him back to a normal lifestyle. Rachel has taken to calling Alex my "barnacle". It feels that way a lot. We finally got him back to sleeping in the kid's room for most of the night 2 nights ago. But he's still screeching if anyone tries to hold him but me. You'd think he was 9 months old all over again.

Good luck with Luke's sleep! (the word verification for this comment is "imisino"... which looks ironically close to "insomnia" to me....)

Liz said...

I can't believe Mer cut all her hair! And, I'm so sorry that Luke isn't sleeping. That's so painful. I hope he gets back to being your Star Sleeper soon!!

mattandhonor said...

For a while when Chase and Delainey were really young, Matt was traveling, going to school, and working all at the same time.

We went on vacation at Thanksgiving time and Chase would have NOTHING to do with ANYONE other than Matt.

While I enjoyed the break, I did feel badly for Matt since he was smothered (!) the whole trip!!

FWmom said...

hi mer!!!!
-love kendall