Monday, April 25, 2016

Busy times Busy weekends.

I interrupt my "catch up" posting to blog about the current events in our lives. Our weekends this month have been jam packed and last weekend was no exception. I had a chance to go to Time Out for Women with some friends so  I left my family behind for an overnight trip to Orlando to see David Archuleta and hear some inspirational speakers.

I came back into town for a half and hour to get ready and head back to Orlando with Doug to chaperone the Mormon Prom. Since Doug is the Bishop now we get to do fun things like this. 

Tuesday was my birthday. I turned 41. Yippee I love growing old.  To celebrate I took Thomas to the zoo for the first time. He was mesmerized by all the animals. His face looked like this for most of the time. I think I expected more of a reaction from him. His favorite seemed to be all the birds we saw.




I did a little fabric shopping at my favorite huge quilt shop and had Chickfila for lunch. That night Doug brought me home Mexican food from Tijuana Flats and we had key lime pie for dessert. I got a new drill, sunglasses, replacement drawers and shelves for the fridge, and a food dehydrator which I'm really excited to use a lot this week.

A couple weeks ago I dropped my phone in the toilet, it fell out of my pocket while bathing Thomas...who had just woken up from a nap smothered in poop with his diaper off. It was not a fun day. It's a long story but after a couple of trips to the Orlando Apple store I came home with a brand new replacement phone for just $100. I'm loving all the empty space on my phone and my kids are filling up my storage with photos.
 'I love these faces.

This weekend Max and Doug went camping and the rest of us stayed home and had a girl party with some friends and watched the new Cinderella. Saturday Jack and Luke had the chance to run in the Final Mile run for their jog squad. They were supposed to have run 25.2 miles and then finish off their "marathon" at this event. Theya had a lot of fun.




Thomas is so fun he loves to play the piano and Mer doesn't like it when he begs to play along with her because she has to watch that he doesn't fall off. In this pictures we put him in his highchair, but she still didn't want him to interrupt her session. 

Oh and Jack brought home this referral from school.  

It was his april fools joke on us.  He couldn't hand it to us with a straight face.
Bye for now.

No comments: