Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Valentine's day

Ever since Jack heard about Max's school V-day party he's been asking if he gets could go to a party like that. So Since Valentines day was on Saturday this year we had a V-day party at home in the afternoon with everyone. We all exchanged cards, decorated heart cookies, did a sand art/glitter picture, and opened packages from Grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. Thank you everyone for your valentines. We had a nice time and laughed over Doug's personalized Valentine poem cards. Mer and Doug gave me pretty red tulips and we treated ourselves to Papa Johns.


Monday was a day off from school. The kids really wanted to go swimming. I checked the forecast it said the high was going to be 80... so we ventured out to the nearest heated pool. Driving there we had to make a few stops and in getting in and out of the car it seemed the day was not heating up as the forecast said it would. The temp was 66 at ll:00 when we arrived at the pool! We had fun anyway and it was only cold when we got out because of all the wind. Luke and I even got in. Luke absolutely loves the water and kept squealing with delight at all the splashing. Here's a pic of Max shivering in his towel.
Meredith was a little mermaid and was last to get out
After we swam we changed clothes and had our lunch in the WARM car. Sufficiently toasty again, we went to the neighboring park for a little run around time.


Oh yes, When we got home in the afternoon I looked at the computer which was still open to the forecast of the day. It was then that I realized that I had pulled up the Melbourne, Australia forecast. No wonder it never got up to 80.

6 comments:

FWmom said...

what a fun Valentines Day!! I loved that it was on the weekend this year! did your papa johns have the heart shaped pizzas- ours here did!! so cool!!!

And that was a cold swimming day!!
that looks like the gleason park pool - kendall did lessons there when i was expecting Brady! that seems so long ago!!

good job remembering the camera!!!! i need to be better about that!

FWmom said...

oh i forgot to ask-- did they get our Valentines we mailed them?
hope so- the kids were so excited to mail em off to ya'll

DanelleJ said...

Australia- Florida... so confusing!

I talked to Micah on Sunday night! So fun, 2 roommates on consecutive Sundays... who should I talk to this weekend?!?

Heather said...

What a fun Valentines! Are you going to be signing Jack up for swim lessons again this Spring? Mattie is going to take them again. You could even get in with Luke!

C and K said...

Love the Melbourne, Australia forecast! I would have done the same thing!! Congrats to Doug on his run. So admire you both and your physical feats! Call us sometime!!

Jones said...

ha ha ha, Melbourne Australia, that's funny!

what pool did you go to? I can't wait till it's time for swimming!