Sunday, February 1, 2009

Anyone Want Chicken Pox?

Luke is 11+ months now and seems to be increasing in his ability to zoom around daily. He's not walking yet but he has started to walk around things and push chairs around the kitchen. A couple of days ago I turned around and found him sitting on the dishwasher door. Luckily I caught him before he grabbed knifes or something.

He has always loved plinking on the piano...this week he learned how to get there and do it himself. It was so cute to see him balancing on his toes to reach it.


And who said boys don't love doll houses? I thought this shot was too great to pass up.


I got a chance to try a project I've been meaning to do. I made these cute shirts for a baby shower this week.
Max was in Lego League at school this year and yesterday they had their Expo where each team presented their final project and was judged. Here is his team receiving their participation award. Their team had to develop devices to measure climate change. He built the ship on the top left. Max loves lego, and will be sad there is no longer and hour a week where he's required to build something out of lego.

And then we came to the conclusion yesterday afternoon that we think Max might have chicken pox. Yes he's had the required for school vaccination. He has had one little dot on his face and one on his elbow for the las few days and we thought they were odd but he wasn't seeming to get anymore and they didn't itch or anything and it looked like they were going away. Well yesterday afternoon we notices a bunch more tiny ones on his face emerging. Also after looking for them we found one on his torso and one more on his arm. The look like the real deal, blistery, crusty when they break and everything. He wouldn't let me take a picture of it. So Max and Luke and I are home from Church watching WALL-E today, I'm going to assume he's contagious until I check with the doctor tomorrow. Sorry if we have already exposed any of you without knowing. Luke hasn't had his vaccination yet (not typically given until 12 mo. old) so if this is really the pox I can only assume he'll get it in the next two weeks. My previous doctor, in discussing vaccinations, said she had a whole list of people who wanted to know when someone had chicken pox so they could expose their kids and not get the shots. So if we've got the virus, does anyone else want it too?? Doug was joking with Max that this might be something he could use to make money...charge people for his exposure. Look like we'll be quarantined for a while I guess.
Oh, yeah, one more thing. We found a cute valentines gift idea on family fun...A conversation heart iPOD. or iLOVE as they call it. Max and I made one today. He thinks it's awesome.

6 comments:

Becky N. said...

What a fun bunch of pictures! And I love the shirts you made... so cute!

Can I admit I'm completely jealous of the chicken pox? We're not planning on vax'ing for it, and right now would really be an ideal time for all three of our kids to get it. Alex is old enough to handle it just fine, and still nursing lots, and Melinda will be starting school this year, so it would be lovely to get her immune to it.

If it really does turn out to be true chicken pox, I'm really tempted to jump on a plane and come for a visit... I haven't heard of any local cases for a while now. I understand Florida is nice this time of year, too. ;)

FWmom said...

Those onesies are cute!!!!!
great job!!! I think they are "etsy-able".

I hope Max's chicken pox resolve quickly- that vaccine is not so good - huh? did he have the booster too?

congrats on the lego fun! Max is the smallest kid there- story of my life and i think Bradys too!!


cute ipods!!! we need to get on our Valentines soon!! thanks for the idea.

Liz said...

Sarah your onesie look darling! What a lucky baby to get to wear such cute clothes.

That stinks about Max having the chicken pox. At least its Max out of school for a couple of days. I'm sure he's happy about that. Hopefully no one else gets it...

Also, please tell Mer that I'm dying to try her popcorn recipe. It looks simply delicious.

Oh, and let Jack and Luke know Grace loves the doll house and wants to come for a play date. Luke is getting so big!!

Love you all!

Sarah said...

Yes he had the booster too...last summer. And Becky we would love to have you out for a chicken pox party.

C and K said...

We send our best to the boy with the bumps! Fun "boy time" I guess! And lots of Lego building! Aaron would love that!!

Love the onesies - not sure how you do it all!

The Less Extreme Couponer said...

Be careful with the dishwasher thing, some of them, not positive about yours, can tip out of the little cubby they sit in. I have heard of this happening and needless to say it doesn't make for a pretty outcome. I LOVED those onesies and I can't wait to try them myself. I loved Jills plush block she made as well and I want to try that one too. They were both so creative and cute!