We had a little fun celebrating Dr. Seuss's birthday with some Green Eggs and Ham.
Mer's soccer season is picking up again and we had to travel to Ocala to play in the Region Cupu tournament. We keep winning so we'll have to head back there this weekend for the finals. Mer and I are going to make the best of our 2.5 hr drive.
Grandpa came down to visit us for a couple of evenings during his business trip. He was lucky enough to make it in time to watch Mer race in a track meet. Mer has been doing track for the last month and a half. She races the Mile and 1/2 mile runs. Her PR is 6:55 for the mile, and 3:02 for the Half mile.
It was such a treat to see Pa. He even treated us to dinner and ice cream.
Luke was pretty excited to win the candy guessing game at the blue and gold dinner. There were 1138 pieces and he guessed 1100. He walked around sharing lollipops with everyone after he won.
Mer and Max both competed in Science fair. Mer stood at the Mall for the district competition for 2 days. She came out winning 3rd place and a $50 cash prize, which she says she'll spend on shoes.
Here she is with all her pals at the award ceremony.
Max studied the effects of Caffeine on heart rate and placedc 2nd in his category. He was pretty excited. Somehow I don't have a picture of his board.
One presidents day weekend we took a trip to ikea for some bins to organize our legos. The kids spent their money on legos at Target on the way home and we had one pleasant ride home with everyone busy building in the back.
The boys came home and spent the rest of the day building their shelves. I love Ikea furniture that is easy enough for a kid to put together.
And finally here are a few photos from our Valentine's day Celebration. Somehow I have no pictures of faces. I finally got my little heart tree put together.
And I set up a fun table even though we only had papa johns for dinner.
'Oh and sherbet sodas.
Probabably the most exciting things of the evening were the french chocolates and macarons I found at a new store in the mall. They tasted even better than they looked. So fancy!
That's about it except that I've been spending any spare moment that I get quilting. Here is my latest finish. My favorite I've made so far.
Over and Out!

No comments:
Post a Comment