Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a lovely day today! A really great day.   We started our Thanksgiving day with a family Turkey Trot.   Doug and the kids ran a 5K and I ran the 10K.  It was fun.  I think we'll make it a tradition.



We came home and cooked up a great big Thanksgiving meal.  Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes...the works.  It was fun.  I was head chef and the kids took turns helping me out....you know, showing them all the little things my grandma and mom showed me when I helped them make Thanksgiving dinners.  Even though we didn't get to spend today with family, it was okay.   I feel like it was a good day spent strengthening our own little family.  Meredith and I decided that we needed to mix things up a little to make the holiday feel a little more special, so we moved the Kitchen table to the dining room.







Mer came up with a centerpiece and we did our best to dress up the table.









Max surrendered the only intact turkey leg and gave it to Luke who loved every bite.

We all went around the table and said things we are thankful for and played the ABC thankful game.  We had a few good laughs when some borderline bathroom humor came up.  Ahhh life with little boys.



Here are the pies...Apple, Lemon Meringue, and Cherry (made my Mer)


I sure am Thankful for this family of mine!

This year Mer made us a thanksgiving turkey advent activity.  We were supposed to add one turkey feather each day and take turns writing what we are thankful for.  Not all the feathers got filled up with thanks or moved over on a daily basis but here are the things that we are thankful for that did get recorded.


Mer is thankful for everything
I am thankful for my mom and dad - Max
I am thankful for my home -Jack
I am thankful for the TV -Max
I am thankful for my Grandma Lewis because she taught me how to cook yummy Thanksgiving food- Mom
I am thankful for monsters, cars, and Monster cars -Luke
I am thankful for my family - Jack
I am thankful for the trampoline, the iPad, and cars
Iam thankful for food, family, soccer and friends - Meredith
I am thankful for my stuffed animals  - Jack
Doug- I am thankful for:  Luke running in and out of cones (at little sports football), and Max keeping his invention Journal, and Jack reading everything he gets his hands on, and Mer's determination o improve at soccer, and Mom's patience and understanding and meals that she makes, and much more.


Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments: