We have been enjoying our warm Florida weather and playing outside a lot this week. Yesterday they painted the sidewalk in the rain.

and got really messy. Sidewalk paint is just for the sidewalk, Jack.


And if you think Max had some good ninja moves, You should check out his dance moves in this little video.
Our oranges are getting ripe and we picked a few to eat today. They are surprisingly good this year. I think they are honey bells. Whatever they are, they are super juicy.

Luke sure loved them.

Luke learned a new phrase this evening driving Mer to the church tonight. We were pointing out Christmas lights and we kept saying "there are some" as we pointed out the window. He quickly caught on and repeated his own version "dare some" over and over. Which caused the other kids to giggle with delight.
I used the last of my farmer's market
earnings (
btw friday's market was rained out) and bought a writing desk from Crate and Barrell. It was on sale and I got a thanksgiving weekend discount. It came in the mail today we assembled it tonight. We are oohhing and aahhing over it. It is so pretty and solid.

And though it will come in so handy to handle our papers and daily paraphernalia, what really sold me on it was the drawer. I couldn't find another one like it. I can finally get rid of the kitchen junk drawer. It also provides a nice home for our laptop when it's not in use on a lap. (not to mention the phone and cup holder that have inhabited the kitchen counter for the last 5 1/5 years.)

I should be sleeping but I'm up finishing this post because I can't sleep. We have a funeral to go to tomorrow for one of Jack's little 4 year old friends. She passed away last week from a late diagnosed meningitis. I laid in bed tonight wondering how we are going to make it through it tomorrow...what my kid's reactions will be. When Jack's first heard the news his response after he thought about it was "What is her Mom going to do? have no kids now?" I reminded him that she has other kids and a new baby and he was relieved. Interesting perspective I thought. We are praying for you dear Gordon family. Jack will miss playing at the park with Sarah.
1 comment:
love you new table!! it looks great!!
and you know how i love black now and days!! good color pick.
please tell Max we all enjoyed his smooth moves!!!
and i am so sad to hear about Jacks friend. That is such awful news. I hope her family is okay.
Post a Comment