Monday, September 14, 2009

Odd and Ends

I received a couple of boxes in the mail this week full of treasures from my Grandma Lewis who passed away in February. It had some dishes and linens and odds and ends I had grown up seeing at Grandma's house, and one of her wonderful quilts. It was wonderful to be able to get a few pieces to remind me of her, Thank you Mom for gathering them for me. In one of the boxes was this almost brand new BOSCH mixer. I so excited to have a new mixer since the old one, (my mom's orginal-rebuilt) was seriously on it's last legs.
Sunday morning I used it to mix up some Nieman Marcus cookies for our great friends Amy and Matt Ence and family who came to visit us from UT. We know them from our BYU days, when Meredith and Caleb played together practically everyday. Caleb is the one that originally nicknamed Meredith, Mer Mer and we've been calling her that ever since. They now have 4 kids about the same ages as ours, and the kids have had a great time playing with them over the weekend. Now they're off for the week to Orlando. Have fun Ence family, We'll see you next weekend.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Guys - thanks so much for all the fun. I love the pictures - and we made the blog already. You rock!