Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Karaoke anyone??


Friday we had a family karaoke night. Everyone had to participate including Doug and I which was pretty funny. The playlist went down like this;
Mer- Last Christmas, Taylor swift style
Max- You raise me up
Jack- cranked out some memorized nursery rhymes
Sarah- Starlight by Muse
Doug- Heartless by Kanye West
For the next round Doug chose a song for each of us
Mer-can't remember this one
Max- Be a Man from Mulan
Jack- another rendition of Be a Man
Sarah- Taking Chances by Celine Dion
Doug- Love Lock Down by Kanye West

We would have gone on longer if it wasn't way past bed time for Luke, who endured the shear loudness of it all like a champ.
The evening also included a tutorial on Disco and hip hop dancing. We all had a blast.

8 comments:

FWmom said...

that looks like fun!
your kids would love rock band! its like karaoke times 3. Mainly because you have to be coordinated to play an instrument while singing - Brady is turning out to be quite the drummer! (i am not so good at it) but it is so much fun to watch and do.
we love mer's disco moves!

Krissy said...

You guys are RAD! :) And, Doug, what's with Kanye West, dude? You'll have to show off some of yo' rhymin' skillz to Kev. He'd think that's PHAT, yo.

The Less Extreme Couponer said...

That sounds like a blast! I would love to hear doug singing Kanye West! LOL

Weatherspoon Family said...

Where is the video footage??? You can't tease us that way? I want to see Doug doing some Kanye West.

Liz said...

I agree, where is the video footage on this?? Last time I heard Doug sing karaoke was at a restaurant in Provo and I believe it was a Chicago or Journey love song and he sang/screamed so loudly they shut off the mic.

Mer must get her dance moves from her dad. Mer, has he taught you how to do The Shark and The Worm?

What a great family activity!!!

Doug said...

Liz,

The song was actually 'Born in the USA' by the Boss. If I remember correctly I was with Herm and Brett. That was a good time.

Doug

Doug said...

Liz,

I have no problem teaching my kids the shark or the worm but I have to request that you never, under any circumstances, teach them your pole dance moves witnessed on the same night.

Doug

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

what I wouldn't do to hear that! Sounds fu