Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Budding Baker

We are better now. Just a 24 hour bug.

After a couple years of practice with the Easy Bake oven, Meredith has graduated to real baking. She bought a kids baking book with some birthday money from Barne's and Noble last year, and has recently really taken an interest in baking things. It's wonderful. She is finally old enough to do it all with minimal help. She reads through the recipe and sets out all her ingredients and just goes for it. Today she volunteered to make Pizza for lunch, home made crust and all. It turned out awesome. She even does a great job cleaning up. She has really saved me in the kitchen a couple of times getting dinner on the table when I'm running late with it. She can cut a salad and start the rice. Its like having a little sous-chef speeding every thing along. Last week she made a great Cinnamon Swirl bread. I think this might be a new hobby she'll stick with for a while.

8 comments:

DanelleJ said...

Wow, Mer, I am very impressed! How very helpful and self sufficient of you! I wish I could sample some of your tasty treats. Miss you all, D-

Becky N. said...

Wow, that's amazing! Mer looks so proud, too. What a great hobby!

FWmom said...

way to go sarah! you have kitchen help!!! that is awesome! Maybe Mer will open a bakery! or a pastry chef- thats fun!

we bypassed the easy bake- we just threw kendall into it and so far it is just pancakes and eggs that is all we get. but clean-up --- NOPE ---doesn't have that down so good.

I'm so glad to hear you guys are better!!

Krissy said...

Mer is so cool! Tell her I think she's awesome. :)

ashlee said...

wow. i'm impressed. i need one of those around here!

Liz said...

How great to have a sous chef!! That sounds like a dream to have someone who can actually help instead of just making a mess. Mer is so grown up!

Sarah, I also noticed the link to your etsy shop! Awesome! Love the retro aprons.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Can't wait for the day!

The Less Extreme Couponer said...

So is she for hire???