Friday, August 15, 2008

Beach day and Tadpole Surprise

We went to the beach this week and the water was so calm again. The kids had so much fun it was almost like swimming in a lake. There were occasional waves of course but not a lot of them. It made for a very relaxing day even for me. I was not planning on doing the beach much this summer with baby Luke and all but it turns out that it hasn't been so bad. The kids do most of the carrying and I hold Luke in the sling (thank you Ronnie). Thank you to all our friends who've helped me out while we were there. We've loved the beach so much this summer I hope we continue to go occasionally once schools in session.
I went out to dump the water out of the splash pool so Doug could mow the lawn yesterday and I found thousands of tiny Tadpoles swimming around. The pool had been sitting out a little over a week and I guess that was enough time for them to hatch. Mer and I spent an hour tyring to catch those little guys. We also called our tadpole loving neighborhood friends to get some too. We collected a bunch of them to take to the kids school classrooms, and maybe we'll keep some for Jack to watch them grow. Mer was sad to have to dump out the rest. I can just imagine thousands of frogs jumping around our back yard.
Doug let the kids try atomic Fireballs today. I think he just likes to see how thay react to things, so it was as much for his amusement as for theirs. Max could take it. Mer couldn't. Jack said he liked it but promptly spit it out.
School starts Monday. We dropped off our school supplies yesterday and the kids were able to meet their teachers. Now Mer can't wait to go on Monday, and Max isn't quite as nervous as he was.

1 comment:

FWmom said...

Hi Mer!
Nope- there are no monkeys in Monkey Milk! it is banannas and yogurt and other stuff- but that is funny.
I love your tadpoles. Take a picture when they are frogs. I miss you
Love, Kendall