"The Closet Gypsy"
"The Weird Fish"
Jack had to get in on it too. (I'll have to ask what Mer named his character)
Of course I thought, how funny and creative, until they wanted to take the make up off and I glimpsed the bathroom. After lots of scrubbing and soaking in a color tinted tub the boys got out so Mer could shower. There was a serious blue/green ring around the tub and I immediately pointed out it was like that scene in the book, "The Cat in the Hat Comes Back". Mer said "maybe we should wash it off with one of your new dresses." Ha Ha! I was going to take a picture of the ring but Mer had scrubbed it off during her shower. She mostly cleaned the bathroom to, which was nice of her.
Tadpole update: The frogs have been slow growing but we finally got another one with all four legs a couple of days ago. We heard they shouldn't really be let go while they still have a tail so we let the last one linger a little while. Yesterday Jack found something on the floor by the piano. It was out little frog slightly shriveled looking. (I'm really glad it was Jack who found it instead of Luke, who would have promptly picked it up and eaten it. Yuck) We picked it up and put it back in the water to see if it was still alive. It was, but only barely and it only lived for an hour or so longer before the rest of the tadpoles gobbled it up. So as you can see, we have another one clinging to the side of the bowl and I've added a net over the top to let those little guys stay in till they lose the tail.
Tadpole update: The frogs have been slow growing but we finally got another one with all four legs a couple of days ago. We heard they shouldn't really be let go while they still have a tail so we let the last one linger a little while. Yesterday Jack found something on the floor by the piano. It was out little frog slightly shriveled looking. (I'm really glad it was Jack who found it instead of Luke, who would have promptly picked it up and eaten it. Yuck) We picked it up and put it back in the water to see if it was still alive. It was, but only barely and it only lived for an hour or so longer before the rest of the tadpoles gobbled it up. So as you can see, we have another one clinging to the side of the bowl and I've added a net over the top to let those little guys stay in till they lose the tail.

2 comments:
Wow, glad you posted this - very blog-worthy!! I laughed and giggled and groaned. It sure looks like the kids had fun with the makeup... and I'm impressed how well they applied it!
I read the Halloween post before, but didn't have the time to comment. Just wanted to say how much we loved everyone's costumes!!
they did a great job! and i think your right!! i think you helped my inner crafter come out!!! i'm okay, but i have a long long way to go!!! i guss i never believed i could be so i just didn't try!!! thanks!!!!!
Post a Comment