Monday, November 10, 2008

Recognitions

Highlights from our week...

This is a picture of "baby Jack" sleeping in his crib. This week we played a lot of "baby Jack", pretend train (where we build a train and ride on it), and pirates (where we of course, build a boat and act as pirates).


Thursday we had a busy day. We took a trip to the Dentist office for my teeth cleaning. Jack and Luke came with me and did very well. Luke sat on my lap and watched the whole thing and Jack sat in the corner and shied away from everyone who talked to him. Jack let the Dentist count his teeth after the dentist asked him about what he was for Halloween. After some lunch we stopped by Mer's school for an awards assembly where she was recognized for getting all A's so far this term. (Max also had an award's ceremony on Friday where he earned the RESPECT award)

Then we zoomed over to the Doctor's office to have Jack's leg looked at. He jumped off the ptop rung of the playest ladder in our back yard the day before Halloween and has been limping on and off. But no worries, he's fine. They wouldn't even xray it to check.

Luke tagged along being his cheery self.

Check out those chompers finally starting to show. If you look closely at the next pic, you'll see the bottom ones. He has 5 now. (he got a 3rd one on the top last week)


I listed the Thanksgiving banner that I made last year to sell on etsy and Lookiloos posted it on their blog of great thanksgiving decoration finds. I was excited about that. My etsy shop is called blueSusan. I've only put a couple of things on it. It's an experiment.



And lastly last night we did a fun thing the kids were looking forward to all week. We chopped up all kinds of Halloween candy and made our own ice cream like Cold Stone.

Don't worry we didn't use it all yet. See the bowl full we still have.


4 comments:

FWmom said...

Great job to Max and Mer! 3rd and 1st grade seem like no problem at all!!! And 5 teeth?? He is getting big!! Ang Good job to Jack for just being Jack! I really miss him playing with Brady!

Good use of Halloween candy -

Congrats on your feature on that website!!
Sounds like everyone there has much to be proud of!!!!

Liz said...

Creativity is always bountiful at your house!! Love the imaginary play, the darling banner, and the great idea on how to use left over Halloween candy! I'm also so impressed with Luke and Jack at the dentist. I took Grace and George and it wasn't so great. George screamed most of the time.

Congrats to Mer for her A's, Max for being Respectful, and Luke for his teeth. Oh, and Jack for being so cute!

Miss you all!

The Less Extreme Couponer said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast this week! Great idea with the candy! I have been debating when I should throw ours away. Usually I have by now b/c I don't eat it, but this pregnancy I have wanted sweets...sweets....sweets! Especially chocolate! MMM...where's that candy bag at...I'll be right back! :)

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

The banner is awesome - it's on my evergrowing list of things to make. Good luck on etsy.