Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Happy Halloween Night



The much anticipated day has finally come and gone. We started the day watching Max in his "Literacy" Day parade, Where he was required to dress up as a character from a book. Good thing he got the Zulu warrior idea from a book. They paraded through everyone's classrooms and around the halls. Jack and Luke had fun watching the sea of costumes go by.
'
Then we came home and made some witch broomstick bags to deliver to friends, (thanks Ronnie and Martha Stewart for the idea)


That afternoon after picking up the kids, a quick dinner of Taco soup, and some last minute costume fixes...and lots of makeup and hairspray, we were finally ready for Halloween Night.
Mer was an Alien, Max a Zulu warrior, Jack a Pirate, and Luke a Tiger.


We snapped some shots and left for our ward trunk or treat. Jack and Luke fell asleep on the way there.

Luke was happy we let him get a hold of some candy bags to chew on.

Then it was home for some real trick or treating, passing out candy, and of course sorting and eating lots of candy.

All said and done, the night tons of fun but definitely exhausting. This picture says it all...and we still had to wash off all the makeup.

6 comments:

FWmom said...

great costumes and your bags came out great! Kendall loved how orange Mer is!!! at least it looks orange on the screen
i love your pumpkins. did you see my black widow pumpkin?
I am leaving it out as long as i can! I didnt know i loved pumpkin carving so much!!!! I always let marc handle that, but not any more!

Enjoy that candy- in case you want to get rid of some. i heard you can send it over to the solidiers- so thats what i am secretly doing with about 3/4 of ours. They have collection sites at post offices.

have a great week!

Liz said...

Love the costumes!! I sounds like Halloween was a blast for you guys. Did Mer design her own alien outfit? They all look so great!!

The pumpkins turned out so cool as well. I love the picture with all the pumpkins glowing. So great!

Jones said...

I bet Meredith just LOVED scrubbing off all that makeup!! lol I think her costume was GREAT! so so creative!

Jill said...

They all look fantastic!

I bet the makeup was fun to wash off - but well worth the evening - Mer looks fabulous!

Janet said...

Everyone looked so cute!! The 2 extra eyes for the alien costume was a great idea!

Heather said...

Your family looked great for Halloween! The kids were so excited about their costumes when I was talking to them. It was a super fun night!