Thursday, November 13, 2008

Circus Time!!

Monday night we went to the circus. It was a small traveling circus that came to our town this week, in a striped "big top" tent and all. We had so much fun. Luke's eyes were glued to the show the entire first half. Everyone's were actually. I was so fun to see the wonder and awe in their eyes as they watched all the acts.

We saw acrobats, camels, motorcycles riding around inside a big sphere, camels, dog tricks, clowns...you know, your basic circus stuff. It was so cool because we were sitting only about 50 feet away from all the action and could see everything so well. Here are a few acts we saw.
This acrobat kept balancing on this thing as it spun around and around.


The elephants were one of the kids favorites.

Here are the Motorcycles


The best part of the evening for Max was when he got to buy this light up sword. He remembered them from last year and was talking about how "he wanted to buy one of those light up swords this time" with his own money. After Max got one Jack wanted to spend his birthday money on one as well. Mer got some highly desired cotton candy.

The show ended with a Human Cannonball. We were right next to the cannon. It was cool...see for yourself.

5 comments:

FWmom said...

oh my gosh!! is this the same circus we all went to last year??? is it that time again???
i cant believe it!! I think Cam was about the same age as Luke is now. Becasue i remember covering his ears most of the time!
circuses are so entertaining! and that one is so cheap to take the kids to !!!!
(all the kids are free- right?) you got a great cannon ball shot!
i cant believe its been a year!

FWmom said...

I just showed kendall your circus post (she had early dismissal today) - she remembered last years and she was so happy when she recognized Mer's shirt!!! that was the one she gave her for her birthday last year!!!
She is wearing one of the shirts Mer sent her now!

The Less Extreme Couponer said...

Man, I am so bummed we didn't go! I know you said you had a blast last year too. There has just been so much going on I couldn't squeeze it in. Maybe next year :( Thanks for sharing the cool photos.

Janet said...

Chad, said that Doug really enjoyed himself and I look forward to taking Violet to it one day! Love the videos!

Liz said...

Sounds like the circus was a lot of fun. My favorite pictures is the one of Luke on Doug's lap. Those cheeks are TOO cute and chubby. I just want to get my hands on them!!