Thursday, October 21, 2010

Let there be LIGHT!

Aaaaaahhh! Tonight I am sitting in a well lit kitchen. We had recessed lighting installed today.   It is WONDERFUL to sit at the counter and actually be able to read or work on something and see it in full color. 
Here's what it looks like with the lights off. We chose a nickel finish for the fixtures as you can see.




And this is what it looks like lit.

After working in a kitchen that feels like a dungeon at night for so many years, I am in heaven!

And since I'm posting pictures of our house, here is our little fabric collage on the red wall opposite the kitchen. It's a little experimental but I think I like it.  I have a different fabric that I think I'm going to use to replace the greenish one.  All in good time.


That's all for now!!

2 comments:

Liz said...

WOW!! Love the new recessed lighting. Your kitchen looks so bright with them on. Enjoy!

Love the fabric wall idea!

FWmom said...

LOVE the lights! what a big difference!! great job!!! it looks great!