Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Olympics live on

As some of you know we got cable this past month so we could watch the olympics. I thought it would be important for the kids to see some of it and I didn't want to miss them this year. Well, today I realized some of the impact watching the Olympics had on our little family. The car wouldn't start this morning and we figured out that we needed a new battery. After getting the car started finally, Jack and Luke and I went to Sam's club to get a new one. While we waited, we killed some time looking at the toys and watching a little "Rattatouille" on the leather couch display. As we were leaving we passed a large box with a black and white picture of a swimmer popping his head out of the water. Jack noticed it as we were walking by and said "Look mom, that's Michael Phelps." What? I didn't realize he was paying much attention to the olympics on at our house. The kids had fun cheering on Michael Phelps. I guess I didn't realize Jack was too. Then later the kids were watching a Clifford program where they were having a Silly Olympics. Jack announced that it was like the Olympics that were over now. I took Mer and Max to their gymnastics class today. They chose this over soccer this season and were really excited to practice doing real gymnastics like in the olympics. Here are some pictures of Mer's round off that she's working on.


As you can see the Olympics live on in our little home. Sadly our month of cable is now drawing to a close. It was fun to watch the Olympics but we have also been enjoying every last minute of HGTV, Project Runway, Food Network, etc.

I had to also add this picture of the kids showing off their ice cream cone dessert from Family Home Evening this week. They had sprinkles on top and were surprised by a hidden brownie chunk in the bottom
(thanks sneaky Dad)

5 comments:

Heather said...

Where are they taking gymnastics at? Mattie started taking gymnastics a couple of weeks ago at Tumbleweeds, and loves it!

Janet said...

I love the Olympics too, and I am glad that you guys got to enjoy them this year! (We had cable for a little while too and boy you miss those shows when there gone!) ( I like Project Runway too!)Now we watch what we can on the antenna. I can't believe that Jack said "Micheal Phelps" too cute!

FWmom said...

That is a great story- Jack knows Michael Phelps!!!!
awesome! I guess tehy pick up a lot more than we realize.
Great round off Mer!
-ronnie

Liz said...

I loved watching the Olympics, too! Michael Phelps is amazing. Move over Shawn Johnson, Meredith Markos is going for the gold!!

DanelleJ said...

Good form, Mer!

Speaking of cable upgrades, we just had to get the BYU channel because conference won;t be on public access tv. What's up with that?