Life in a family of six literally flies by. It's amazing how packed our days get sometimes. Today we tried to fit way too much into one day. School, Beach, Gymnastics, school open house, church meetings...
This is how it all went down:
We woke up 7:30 am. Breakfasts done, clothes on, lunches packed, beach stuff packed and out the door by 8:40. Jack and Luke and I dropped off the kids to school and headed over to pick up our friends Abby and Peter to go to the beach.
This is actually a picture from our trip to the beach last saturday, of course I didn't remember a camera on a busy day like today.
We met friends, Kristin and Ryan,there and played until about 11:30. We headed home stopping to nurse a crying Luke at Abby's. Jack slept the whole way home. Luke finally fell asleep and we made it home at 12:45 or so. We took bath's and showers and got ready for the crazy evening. Changes of clothes, snacks and sandwiches for dinner packed, we headed out the door at 3:00 to pick up the kids from school and drive them straight to their 4:00 gymnastics class. At 5:10 we left gymnastics, ate our dinner in the car and went to meet Doug at Mer and Max's school Open House. We got home at about 7:30.The kids cranked there homework out and had snacks. Doug left to do visits for church at 7:45 and I actually managed to get the kids in bed and lights out only 20 min after their 8:00 bed time. Now it's 9:30 and even Luke's asleep. Phew! Luckily not every day is this jam packed. It's a good reminder to me why I don't have my kids in too many extra curricular activities. I don't think we'd survive. One thing that didn't get done today was the grocery shopping. Oh well you, can't fit it all in. Tomorrow will be a school lunch day.
Oh and one more thing Luke is finally scooting and moving forward. I tried to upload a video but I couldn't get it to work. So instead here's a picture of what Luke does at the beach.

And one of the kids on Saturday (we mad a new little friend there too)

.
6 comments:
Great rundown of your day.
yep, the beach is way better than grocery shopping- you have to have priorities. sun and sand sounds way better!
I'm glad to see our sling is still helping makes things a bit easier for you.
Hi to the kids!!
Busy, busy! And I thought I had busy days. I still need to take Jane to the beach more. It's just not worth the hassle right now. Fun times.
What a crazy day!! I'm with you on not having too many extra curricular activities. They are just not necessary. They add stress to your life and your kids. I love the all the pictures of Mer, Max, Jack, and baby Luke. I miss you guys, and can't wait to see you all...next year sometime!!
You tire me out.
You should read my sis Liz's blog, then you'll be tired,
Ha, I JUST posted a similar busy day in our lives. Who knew that we could ever be busier than in college! hehe
But, I sure you did it all with grace, patience and ease :).
You always do!
Post a Comment