Friday, September 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Doug!


Today we celebrated Doug's birthday. 33 years old! We, of course had an evening of yummy food, great dessert and fun presents. He brought sushi home for dinner after work. Max and Mer even tried the spider roll. Mer loved it but had a few second thoughts after she learned the red dots were fish eggs. Mer also tried wasabi and swears she likes it even though she coughed and sputtered when it was put directly onto her tongue. Max said he liked the seaweed edge but that's about as far as he got. I made another dessert out of the gourmet magazine that Doug ooh's and aah's over. Brown Sugar Ice Cream Roulade. A thin chocolate cake rolled up with home made brown sugar ice cream in the middle. I spent pretty much all day making it...ugh. But in the end it was worth the effort, Delicious! even without the caramel sauce that I ended up ruining. Oh well, not everything can come off perfectly, especially when using so many finicky gourmet techniques. Among doug's gifts were running socks, a new iron (since he does 98% of the ironing in the house and i ruined the last one), dark chocolate, sunvisor for car, a sifter (for those gourmet recipes), and gymnastics rings (to enhance his crossfit workouts). We finished dinner and presents early and took off to peruse the isles of Best Buy. In all it was a fun evening. We Love you Doug!

I couldn't help posting these pictures of Jack and Luke from last week. We learned Luke can sit up really wel in the laundry basket and Jack invented a hanger for his Raggedy Andy. Too Cute!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like it was a great evening. I didn't realize that Matt is only a couple of months younger than Doug! Matt sometimes acts like a 3 year old though!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Happy Happy Birthday - I love the gifts. We would totally have those types of practical gifts.

DanelleJ said...

Doug- Ab wants to know what exercises you use your gymnastic rings for? He wants to add them to his list of "body wight" excercises!!! I just want to know where you have them hanging?!?