Mer came home an whipped up a tree and we filled it with activities. I've not been so good about posting but the kids are having fun seeing what's in the envelope each day. Ready for a recap of the week's events?
Day 1
Go on a walk and count the Christmas lights in our neighborhood! We counted 11. Luke loves to run and run and run. It has been fun to watch as day by day more lights get hung.
Day 2
FHE- Decorate for Christmas
We just sat back and let the kids do it all. I love the twinkling light and the cozy feel of our home at Christmas time.
Way to go Team Markos!
Day 3
Write Letters to Santa
This was funny. Jack got up that morning and wrote his letter and put it in the mail box before he even saw the activity for the day. He pulled out the activity card and got a big smile on his face, "I just did that" he said. I wonder if he sneaked a peek
Day 4
Make a Christmas Picture
The big kids typically choose not to participate in craft time but this one was mandatory. And what do you know? they had fun.
We made these fun trees. I love how each one is different. :) A big thanks to Liz for posting all her countdown last year for me to copy
Day 5
Read Christmas Stories.
No picture for today but we had fun heading to the library for some new Christmas books that day.
Day 6
Volunteer at the Holiday Light Fest
Jack's Cub Scout troop needed volunteers to help out with the hay rides at the local Light Festival. Jack Mer and I went. We wore official reflector jackets and at the end we went on a hayride through the park in the dark.
Day 7
Decorate Evey and Dick's house.
Our neighbor is very sick and on hospice right now. We offered to help his wife hang up Christmas lights this year so she wouldn't have to worry about it (Initiated by Max for one of his Faith in God requirements). Doug went over with the boys and put everything up while I was at a soccer tournament with Mer.
Day 8
Make Ornaments to take to the nursing home and watch the Christmas Fireside.
We ended up doing two days in one on Sunday. We invited our neigbors to help us make ornaments to take to a nursing home this week.
We made 12 Popsicle stick Nativities together. Then we watched the Christmas Fireside.
Day 9
On this day we were supposed to make the Nativity ornaments so instead we opened up a Christmas present from Ben and Brea and made up a big gingerbread house together.
Thank you Ben and Breanne!
Day 10
Make a Christmas Craft
We some Letter ornaments inspire by some that I saw in the Anthropologie magazine.
The little boys' wrapped them all by themselves. The big kids were excused since they were busy with other things.
A finished picture to come
Day 11
I don't remember what we did this day, My life is a blur. The schedule said mail the Christmas cards but this didn't happen :) I think we ended up putting up some more lights outside.
I'm pausing here and will catch up the rest tomorrow :) Good night!

No comments:
Post a Comment