This was my post from last Thursday that somehow didn't get published:
Today we put our paint brushes and rollers down and headed to the beach for the morning. The waves were perfect. Safe. Safe enough for cautious Luke to give boogie boarding a try. He figured it out. Perfect for a day when there was no one else his age to play with.
I love summer! I love having all my kids home. Having time to read them chapter books, play games and do crafts with them. But, raising these 4 is rough most days. I won't deny it. Mostly I just feel like I play referee.
Tonight since Doug was not home for dinner it was endless hooliganism at the table. Instead of continually reprimanding I escaped to the back room. I told them to finish eating and do the dishes (thinking, yeah right, as I walked away). They proceeded to half heartedly unload the dishwasher and then got sidetracked with acting out scenes for a movie they are thinking of making. Then they abandoned that plan and made a movie that they already had the script for. One that Doug wrote last month for an FHE. Enjoy!
To heck with making them clean up, I was just glad they weren't fighting and they were working on something creative together and getting along. THANK YOU!!! Maybe there is hope.
Really my kids aren't going to be perfect. I just want them to be able to get along. I'm hoping this summer work idea is helpful... so far so good.
5 years ago

1 comment:
Too funny! That was some GREAT acting ;)
Post a Comment