Thursday, June 20, 2013

Piano and Painting

Yesterday afternoon rolled around and Mer and Max did a little happy dance.  "No piano lessons today!! Hooray". I just rolled my eyes. Stopping piano lessons has been a great debate at our house for months.  We told them they could take a break after the next recital, which was on Saturday.  (Mer took lessons for 2 yrs, Max, for about 8 months).   Our fabulous piano teacher persuaded them to do a duet.


Here it is if you'd like to hear it.



For Max's solo he played the Scarecrow Scherzando.  He has been playing this for months and usually plays it a top speed.  He slowed it down quite a bit for the recital.



Here's one of Mer's songs




Luke and Jack have been best buddies.  Last week they made an apple pie together.


It was Jack's idea and Luke is always game for some cooking fun.






I did indeed get my house painted!! The kids have been painting a little every day and we are so close to being done. 
I'm so proud of these kids. They have really worked hard.  Mostly Mer and Max did the painting but Jack and Luke did a lot of prep work and other jobs too.



The kids don't like our new gray walls, but I told them not to worry because they'll have chance to choose the paint colors when they own a house too.

We have had a little more feeling of family togetherness and a little less fighting as a result.  And I haven't once heard them say "I'm bored" this summer.  Hmmm...what big project can I get them to do next?

I'll get a picture of the house soon.  And I'll leave you with one more photo of Meredith Mishchief.


No comments: