Phew!! We just had a fun evening with friends decorating Gingerbread houses. Let the holiday festivities begin!! I will post a picture or two of our masterpieces soon but tonight I am catching up. So many fun things have happened over the last couple of week that I just don't want to forget. It started with a day of pie making. One of my favorite traditions. Cherry, apple, Lemon Meringue, and pumpkin
We declared our Gratitude for soccer, new cars, "weasels", Christmas, etc.
I am thankful for this fun bunch.
We took our pies to dine with our neighborhood friends.
Then Friday we took off for a little spur of the moment family vacation to St. Augustine. Some highlights include...driving our car on the beach and exploring a bit.
Jack found a new treasure every few feet.
Seeing an old canon shoot...
...and seeing a demonstration on how to launch an "atl atl". The weapon experts were all ears.
A lady saw me taking a picture of the kids on a cannon and offered to take a shot of the family... I just might declare this our family picture for the year. (
except for Lulu's closed eyes and Doug's face covered with glowing hair, it didn't turn out too bad.)
We went into a cathedral.
Our favorite might have been the tour of the Whetstone chocolate factory.
I love those cute pointy cheeks!
This was probably our favorite because we got to eat chocolate. :)
I took a bunch more phone pictures which you can see on instagram @smark007. I don't have the energy to transfer them over tonight. All in all it was the perfect get away. We ate delicious food, enjoyed beautiful weather, and very minimal child disagreements. It has been too long since we did something like this. Vacations are so much easier and fun now that the kids are older. It was actually relaxing. We just might have to do that again.
On to Christmas!!
No comments:
Post a Comment