Thursday, December 13, 2012

12 days till Christmas!


One of my favorite things about Christmas is watching my kids decorate the tree.  

They all dig through the ornaments and find ones that they made when they were younger and they just get so excited about them.

Inevitably there's a fight about who gets to put the angel on the top, and we never remember who did it last year, but in the end it gets resolved. and sometimes it gets put on the top multiple times.


Excitement is in the air.


We actually put two trees up this year.  Our old Charlie Brown one is in the front window.  I love the twinkling lights glowing in the evening.

Luke had his preschool Christmas program last week. It was adorable of course. Here he is marching in.  When he's embarrassed or nervous he pushes out his cheek with his tongue. I wonder how old he will be before he stop that habit.  It is very cute though.
 His class sang a few songs together.
I have been meaning to get his rendition of the "We Three Kings" rhyme on video.  Hopefully I can before the season is out.

And here was my attempt at an after program shot.

Another highlight of last week was when our college friend Brett came to visit us.

We haven't seen him in years but it was just like old times.  He even showed the boys some new dance moves.

As you can imagine, loads of funny stories were shared.  

I think this one was about peeing in soda cans and other situations.  Bathroom humor is funny to boys of all ages!!  Okay, I admit I was laughing too.

We were also laughing at the height difference.  We miss you Brett!

We all performed in our ward's Christmas Fireside on Sunday.  Meredith played a beautiful song on the piano "Still, still, still".  She is really getting good.  Doug and I were in the choir and the boys were the wisemen in the nativity.   It was a tough job to stand still for so long.

That evening Jack came down with a fever and has been home with me all week.  Someone said there were 40 kids checked out of school on Monday.  Yeesh! He has been fever free for 24 hrs now and will be heading back to school tomorrow.



 We stayed busy... he made his wish list and played with Luke a lot.  Here are some shots of lunch monkey business today.


12 more days till Christmas!!! Are you ready?  I'm not.

No comments: