Monday, August 15, 2011

First Days of School

We took our official "first day of school" picture today.  Technically it was Max and Mer's 4th day, having started last Wednesday. 

Do you like the boys' hair do's??  Jack's was supposed to be the "Draco Malfoy". I'm not sure who Max was going for... a little Pee Wee Herman-esk if you ask me. Or Johnny test??

And here's Jack...off to start a new life. 

I didn't have time for tears this morning... I was a little shell shocked as I left at the lack of organization and direction that we received that morning from his new teacher.  I tried to put it out of my head and spent the day playing with Luke.   We ran some errands vacuumed the house, played a lot of rescue heroes, and went to a movie.  We saw Cars 2.  The older kids saw it the day after Luke broke his let in Colorado.  So today it was our turn.

 This was my attempt to get a picture at the theater.

 As we picked up the kids this afternoon I heard good, happy reports about how fun school was.  Then out came the story about how Jack was taken to aftercare instead of the car loop and how the kids had to go find him when he wasn't where he was supposed to be... What?? What kind of Kindergarten teacher did this kid get?? He was in tears as it was all being explained.  He did say he had fun overall, though I hope tomorrow goes better.

We came home to afternoon veggie snacks and the kids quickly turned them into edible faces.



And then we had Klondike bars.

I hope this is a good year. Max has stellar teachers and Mer's are great too, so I'm crossing my fingers that Jack's will get better.  Hopefully we just got off to a bad start, if not, this will be one unhappy mama.


2 comments:

C and K said...

So impressed with the vegie snacks!! My girls would run from the table crying if I ever served those. Adorable first day pics. Love the boys hair dos. Wish Aaron would do Something to his hair. Time will tell. Miss seeing Jack daily. Hope we can continue to hang out on our few free days!!

Liz said...

I hope day two for Jack was better! How scary for a little one to get kind of lost on the first day!

I love the crazy hairdos for the first day of school.

I thought we were starting school early here (we start Monday) but you guys win the prize. Hopefully it's a good year for everyone!