Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Atlanta Recap

The calendar says August 2.  AUGUST!!  The kids were talking about how excited they are for Halloween.. HALLOWEEN!...less than 3 months away!  3 Months that are going to fly right on by.  How do I make time slow down?   It seems like every time I look at Luke, he is bigger.  Even at age 3 he is growing before my eyes.  We went school shopping today. School starts a week from tomorrow and I have mixed feelings about that.   Soccer season starts in a few weeks and I have mixed feelings about that as well.  Okay, enough of this rambling, here's our update...

We traveled to Georgia last week and had a fun time with Doug's family.  Here are a ton of glimpses into the good times...

We toured the World of Coke, saw the laser show at Stone Mountain, swam, tubed the Chattahoochee, and played with cousins.

Luke always begs to take pictures with characters

Tasters from the continent of Africa

Mini-golf outside the World of Coke

Sitting on a real American Idol Couch


We also went to Centennial Park and ate lunch in the CNN Center..
Everyone is holding their coke souvenir.


Posing at Centennial Park

We met up with Mike's family a couple of times and got to squeeze No No's Sumo arms.


Max and Aunt Sher

Cute cousins
 We tried out a new cupcake shop.  Gigi's cupcakes. They were delish!


 We can't forget the night we caught fireflies in the backyard.  Jack may be an entemologist when he grows up.



Max enjoyed picking on Mike way too much.

Mer put No No to sleep.  She was so proud of herself.


Thank you Mike for being such a good sport!



See what I mean?
All in all we had so much fun.  Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for hosting us!!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Looks like such a fun trip. I totally miss my house in the South. It's been over a year since I've been there.

And, seriously, where did summer go?!? Grace is starting kindergarten soon, and all I want to do is turn back the hands of time!!!

Thanks for posting so many pictures. I can't get over how big Mike's kids are.

Annee said...

We're heading down to Atlanta next week. Too bad we're just missing you guys. Looks like we might need to add "Gigi's cupcakes" onto our Atlanta agenda. Those cupcakes look insane. My kids would go nuts for them!!