Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Twas the night before Christmas and over at our house
were the Johnsons and Weatherspoons and thankfully no mouse.
The wise men rode a camel in our Nativity play.
And everyone gathered round where the wee baby lay.
We sprinkled food for the Reindeer, right out on our lawn
And left muffins for Santa, hoping they'd soon be gone.
The stockings were hung, though two names were missing,
And children sent to bed, tucked with hugging and kissing.
And then it was Christmas, and while this was fun,
I can't keep on rhyming, and so I am done

At 5:15 am Mer, Max, and Jack were awake with the light on in Mer's room, "waiting until we can go open presents." I sent them back to bed and we opened presents at about 7:30.
I tried to get a pic of all of them lined up, but Luke wouldn't cooperate.




Once the "choo choo" was opened Luke wouldn't open anything else.


Everyone spent the morning putting Lego together and playing with everything else.


Luke loves to stand on skateboards and do "tricks"
And that was our Christmas.
It was a nice lazy day,
spent with our lovely family.
Merry Christmas we say!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Merry Christmas! I can't wait to see you all in 3 days!

Nice job on the ryhming!

FWmom said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
we loved your christmas letter and of course, all the gifts!! i will have to get pictures and post them. those shirts are so cute!!! Thanks again!!!!!