Sunday, November 29, 2009

Unofficial "Half"

I ran my unofficial Half Marathon yesterday morning. There is a real race happening this morning that my friend Abby signed up for. I trained along with her, for moral support and so I could have a little inspiration. I usually try to run a half marathon sometime after each baby is born and since I hadn't run one after Luke, it was time.

I've had a cold for the last couple of days, but I got a lot of sleep the night before and felt a little better, so I just went for it. I'm so glad I did. It turned out to be a great run. The weather was cool, I ran strong the whole time, it was exhilarating. My unofficial time was 1:53:42.

In other news, we had a nice relaxing Thanksgiving dinner with the Tsarks.

And we've spent a lot time doing this..
and this....
and this...
and this...
And now Luke and I are home sick from church. He has a cough and yucky nose. We dropped the kids off to meet up with dad at church a little while ago and Luke cried the whole way home saying "chur, chur,.... mer mer, chur." He knows when he's being left out and he hates it. It so cute, it's hard not to feel sorry for him when his little world gets shaken so. Now he's napping and I just might do the same.

6 comments:

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

My goal is always to get under 2 for half marathons! Yeah for you - that's awesome.

mattandhonor said...

Way to go Sarah!! That's a great accomplishment! All your turkey treats look great!

Liz said...

Go Sarah go! I hope Luke feels better soon!

Jones said...

hey, where'd ya get those scooters? we're trying to find one for Thatcher's b-day coming up!

I can run for about 50 min for almost 2 hours straight?!! goodness not sure if that day will ever come...then again I never thought I'd be able to run a full hour...

FWmom said...

it still looks warm there!! congrats on your run that is great time !! that is a great race- maybe you can get in next time. was it full!!?? I know its a big fundraiser for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society!

Hope you guys are feeling better now!!

Val Markos said...

Great job on the half!! And great job on Thanksgiving goodies! Tell Mer the pie looks fantastic. I wish I could have had a piece...and some of those scones as well.