Thanksgiving is tomorrow which means today was a baking day. We didn't have too much to do and the kids were home from school so they did a lot of it. We started it all with rice crispy treat turkeys.

Th kids have been dying to make these since the beginning of October. Max and Mer made up the batch of rice crispy treats by themselves.

Everybody helped out with the turkey contstruction. Well, Luke didn't help, he just ate candy. They actually made it waiting until after dinner to eat them. It was the perfect pre-thanksgiving treat.

I made some
pumpkin scones that I've been wanting to try. They'll be for breakfast tomorrow along with some fresh fruit. I snuck an edge and got a taste of the ginger sugar topping. Man they are going to be good.

Meredith made me a cherry pie from her
Bake it Up cookbook.

Doesn't it look delicious!

With sugar being a substantial ingredient in all of these recipes, including the fresh cranberry sauce we boiled up today, I had better start the day off with a nice bit of exercise. Happy Thanksgiving!! We're ready, are you??
2 comments:
happy thanksgiving!!!
we love those turkeys- we did some out of big marshmallows and pretzels- definetly not as cute and colorful as yours
and this year for the first time we had fresh cranberry sauce- we used the pioneer womans recipe- it was good. only kendall and I eat it- so we have lots left over
Wow, look at that pie Meredith made! Talk about some real talent, it looks yummy! Hope you guys a fabulous Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment