Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First Day of school followed by No School

Monday was the First day of school. Max and Jack both did their own hair . Mer and max carried their tadpole bowls and in they went to their new classrooms. Jack and I went to a little parent breakfast at the school and then we came home and Luke took a three hour nap. Jack and I took advantage of some much needed one on one time and spent the whole day playing together. After school Max reported that it was no fun..."all we did was talk about the rules." Meredith got into the car beaming saying she had a great day and she loved her new teacher. After school we made Chocolate Banana Smoothies that turned out to be a lot like Wendy's frosty. This was Max's favorite part of the day. After they all had been playing for a while, Jack announced that he needed a back pack and lunchbox like everyone else..We dug one out for him and then he asked where his school was. Your not old enough was definitely not what he wanted to hear so I set him up with Mer as a teacher at a pretend school. Here he is modeling his back pack just like his big brother below

After dinner we found out that School was cancelled the next day due to Tropical Storm Fay heading our way. The joys of living in Florida. We don't get snow days but everything shuts down for Severe Weather. There was also a Tornado warning for our area so we moved the kids to our room for the night (they have a very large tree over their back of the house) They were excited to to wake up and realize they were camping all night.
Doug woke up and went to work but came home again because it was cancelled too. The weather wasn't that bad, just a blustery drizzling day. Doug ended up taking the kids to a movie and we went shopping in the afternoon. It seemed to be that the only places closed were school and work. Target was open but I think there were about ten cars in the parking lot. Most of them employee's. I've never seen it so empty. The rain finally started coming down hard at about 6 pm and we continue to have a pretty good downpour going on outside. Oh yeah and schools cancelled again for tomorrow too. Nothing like starting school and then getting two days off.

And here is Luke just as cute as ever seemingly unaware of all the hubub that goes on around him. He just happy to roll around on the ground and be played with.

1 comment:

Becky N. said...

Wow, school time already? Jesse and I can't believe it. Crazy! The kids all look fantastic. And uniforms, huh? That must make life easy for the mom. ;)

I wondered if you would get any weather from the tropical storm. I figured it wouldn't be a big deal, based on our experience from the tropical storm that rolled through right after we moved to Maryland. Funny that school and work was canceled, though!

I hope Max will like school better next time. And Jack is too funny, trying to be a big kid! Mer looks like she loves being the big sister to cute little Luke. :) Wish we could see you all in person!