Tuesday, April 14, 2015

This Was Easter

Easter came at the end of an exhausting week. Doug had the flu and walked around like a zombie all week long and for some reason after all the Easter planning/shopping was done I didn't have the energy to do all that I had hoped to to celebrate. That's how I felt about it at the time. But looking at these pictures it seems like we celebrated it just enough.  Maybe I don't need to set my expectations so high.

We had Easter dinner early with friends on Saturday. They have a great yard where we had an easter egg hunt and played games like giant pick up sticks, huge tic tac toe, and drove around in cars and golf carts. Seriously so fun.





We squeezed in some egg decorating with our neighborhood friends. These guys live around the corner and the boys are in heaven having friends around so much. I didn't actually get a photo of the eggs. I basically fed Thomas the whole time (he eats a lot) and gave directions to the kids who set up the entire thing and decorated them all by themselves. It's kind of nice to have big kids who are capable of doing things by themselves.

Our flower bloomed just in time. It literally opened up a day before Easter.


The Easter bunny hid the baskets all over the house and the kids had to follow clues to find them.



I just love these pictures.

This is what I want to remember... being here all together, everyone excited and happy. Enjoying it. I love this family of mine.


Thomas isn't big enough to eat real peeps so he got a toy one instead.

 The kids got new swimsuits and pool toys. They also got new sunday clothes but we didn't go to church that day so I don't have a picture with everyone looking dapper. Oh well, we enjoyed listening to General Conference that day at home instead. Feasting on inspiring words.

For dinner we had a simple ham, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, and broccoli apple salad  Max requested chocolate cake so that's what we made for dessert. We had to make it a little more festive so we used one of the chocolate bunny packages and cut off the bottom and used it as a template for sprinkles. Luke helped me with this part. The sprinkles came out like an avalanche so we decided the bunny needed to be nice and thick with a chocolate chip for an eye.


It was delish with a little squirt of whipped cream on the top!

No comments: