Saturday, September 6, 2014

President's Day to Today

Week 3 of school... done! Time is flying...Soon the Holidays will be upon us. We had a nice Presidents Day weekend. Doug decided to try fishing REALLY late and REALLY early. They stayed out until 1:00 AM friday night fishing under the causeway. Not too much luck catching fish though.
Then Monday morning they got up at 4:30 and took the boat out.  Doug bought a massive flood light to try out driving the boat in the dark (1100 lumens). Here are a few pics from their day.
Catfish

Mangrove Snapper
They also found an island to explore.   You can actually camp on it. Doug is going to take the boyscouts there for a campout...Now that he's SCOUTMASTER!
Mullet.

Everyone came home and slept the day away. That night Mer decided to take her friend out for dinner and a movie for her birthday. They went to Chipotle then came home for cake and Ice cream and a movie at home.  Her present was awesome! She inflated 16 water balloons with helium and tied a string to them that was attached to papers that said her favorite things about her friend. She stuffed them all in a box so they would fly out when she opened it.  She forgot to have her open it until after the movie and by then all the helium had leaked out and the balloons didn't float. Oh well, it was the thought that counted. They had a ton of fun anyway. She also made her a really cute cake.


Oh one last thing.  While everyone else was fishing I was on a mission to reorganize our garage...yet again. Well just the part closest to the door. Our big shelf fell off the wall a couple of months ago and everything has just been in a heap on the floor. Soccer season is starting and that is a prime dumping zone for everyone and everything. So we gave up our soccer basket which was overflowing and Jack and I used my new chop saw and built a little shelf to go over our free weights. I also installed some wood and hook where our old shelf was. These work way better and we can finally walk easily from our door to our car. We'll see if this system works for the season. Crossing fingers!
 Luke wanted to play a game one day this week so he decided to invent one. He drew one out on a piece of poster board. All the dots were lose a turn spots.  It was really cute.

Max and Jack had their first soccer games today. They both did great and earned us ice cream. I got a good shot of Max.  He was really awesome today, he dominated midfield, and scored 2 back to back goals .


And, unbelievably, I think I am finally caught up blogging our lives. 
OVER and OUT!

2 comments:

Liz said...

What is a chop saw?? Maybe I need one?? Looks like y'all had a fun holiday weekend.

Val Markos said...

Active family. I am tired just reading this!