Saturday, June 7, 2014

Easter, A birthday, and Mothers Day

I've been meaning to play catch up on this blog but I just keep getting further behind. Life is just ticking away over here. We are getting ready to head to the Keys tomorrow afternoon. And we are all so excited even if the forecast says rain all week. Anyway Rachel said she feels like she missed some major events in our lives so I'm heading back to April in this post to show you our April happenings. I had a birthday.  I also had an abscessed tooth and a cold sore that week so I wasn't feeling like celebrating too much.

I got a bass guitar from everyone. I have been asking for one for a year or so. It's super fun to be able to play along with Doug during his jam sessions.


We celebrated Easter the next day. It was very low key.  These kids are growing up. So the Easter eggs and baskets were a little trickier to find this year 




 a



I made a new skirt for Mer. Here it is in an action photograph by Max. Sadly I didn't get a picture of everyone else in their Sunday best.

Doug served up some of the Mahi he caught last month along with this tasty Apple upside down cake. From his gourmet cookbook of course. You should ask him to make one for you sometime. It is so good.

Our amaryllis (??) bloomed all month long. It made me wonder why I don't take more time to garden and fill my yard with beautiful flowers.

I had a lovely Mother's day.  With breakfast in bed and treats all day. My one wish was that I get a picture of me with my kids. These kids make me so happy.




Even though they sometimes make me a little crazy.

And look, the stair steps aren't as dramatic as they used to be. Max has shot up these last few months.

And that was our April. :)

1 comment: