I signed all the boys up for soccer yesterday. Mer's soccer has been practicing all year round. Luke gets to play this year. I'm thinking 4 kids in soccer is a little insane, but they all love it so much, (including Doug) so I play along. I might coach Luke's team, we'll see.
Max had a little award ceremony for the AB Honor roll and Citizenship award. He is growing right up.
They hold these awards ceremonies every 9 weeks and I don't always make it to them, but I should because I know he likes it when we come. I love his smile, especially when that dimple comes out.
He took his kindle to school today and it was confiscated when he was caught playing video games at lunch. Oh Max! We must think of a consequence I guess.
He has a new primary teacher that gives assignments and rewards with candy when they are completed. Max will do anything for candy. He taught FHE last week for candy and is reading all of Joseph Smith History for candy.
Can you see those sneaky little Halloween votives up on the ledge. They made it through Christmas and I still haven't taken them down. They are so sneaky I forget about them.
Last Monday we had no school! Well most of us. Meredith went in for the day to work on her Science Research project. Her project is called something like "the effects of Ultraviolet light on Microscopic Paramecium". I may have gotten that wrong. The rest of us went swimming and to explore our favorite park for the day.
It was a little chilly even though the pool was slightly heated. Luke figured out that if he swims and keeps taking breaths he can swim really far. He swam a half of a lap all at once!
Here's Luke playing Mer's huge hopscotch game.
Mer had a piano recital right after we came back from vacation.
Max is taking piano lessons too but he wasn't allowed to play in the recital yet. They did want him to come up for the picture though. Can you find him in his "too much awesome" shirt?
Mer did great. She played 3 songs. I uploaded them onto youtube if you can hear them well enough to enjoy.
The recital was a whopping 2hrs long and this is what our bench looked like for the duration.
So that's what we've been up to since we've been home.
Over and out!

1 comment:
Mer did a great job! 2 hours is a long recital...way to stick it out :)
Post a Comment