Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

We had an eventful morning here. Max and Doug woke up early and ran the Firecracker 5k



 then joined us in the neighborhood bike parade.

This year we had balloons for everyone to put on their bikes and Popsicles afterward.

I made some specials shirts last night just for the occasion.
  

Luke and I made an American Flag cake.

Luke currently will not look at the camera and smile.  He'll only look at the camera if he's making a funny face.


And pretty soon we'll be off to a friend's house to watch fireworks.  The kids remarked that it feels like a sunday.  Really?? because we rode in a bike parade and went to a movie??  Oh we went to a movie and saw Brave too. I think it feels like a Saturday.  I told Doug, I love a day that feels like a Saturday without the chores.

No comments: