Sunday, September 12, 2010

More Luke swimming pictures

On our last day of swim lessons this week the teacher took pictures of us. Check them out.



UNDERWATER!

Blowing kisses!

We signed up for another session we liked it so much!

Oh one more thing.  I have been craving peach cobbler all summer. It was a frequent family favorite growing up.  I got my hands on some GA peaches yesterday and even though there were only 3 big ones left today I couldn't resist whipping up a cobbler tonight.  Meredith helped me make it.  We make a good team when we cook.  I showed her how to blanch the peaches so the skin would fall off, something I learned helping can countless bottles of peaches growing up in CA. She thought that was pretty cool and suggested we buy a bunch tomorrow and can them :)

Here's the fruit of our labor. You can find the recipe HERE.

3 comments:

Liz said...

That peach cobbler looks delicious! I might just have to try Dana's recipe.

Loved the picture of Luke doing underwater kisses! So cute!

FWmom said...

love the cobbler!! we use pioneer womans recipe and it has a maple creame sauce to go with it!!!so good and easy--- try it with your canned peaches!!!

enjoy another round of swimming! luke looks so much like jack

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Tom's quote (no lie) when I said I wanted to make a peach cobbler: "Why would you take something as delicious as a peach, and add sugar to make you fat?" Needless to say, we haven't made a peach cobbler.