Sunday, February 21, 2010

Valentine Poems 2010

On Valentine's day we have a little tradition of exchanging Valentines at our own little family party. This year Doug carried on his own tradition of writing a little poem to go with each gift. I just had to record these. Most of them have some sort of inside joke to them. Each of the kid's poems were stuck to a heart box full of chocolates. So here they are...enjoy!

Meredith, How do I love thee?
Let me count the ways

I love to hear your singing voice
I love your stories, when they are concise

I love it when you lend a hand
And help your brothers play Rock Band.

Happy Valentines Day!
Love Dad.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Maxwell, How do I love thee?
Let me count the ways.

I love to hear you play the drum,
in the Band Shi Fu you're top gun.

Your speech is quick and slurred,
You know the joke that involves mustard.

Like a blade your mind is sharp.
I love to hear you play with flarp.

Happy Valentines Day!
Love Dad.

Jack, How do I love thee?
Let me count the ways.

I love to hear your lips say to me,
that we are very best buddies!

I love to see you laugh and play
I love it when you wink my way.

Happy Valentines Day!
Love Dad.

-----------------------------------------------------------


Lu-Lu, How do I love thee?
Let me count the ways.
I love my little boy baby
I love it when you smile at me

I wish I could understand the words you say
I listen to them every day.

From your lips there is a phrase
that melts my heart and warms me like the sun's rays
"Da-da, Da-da,"
Please, please, please
Say this to me everyday.

Happy Valentines Day!
Love Dad.

-------------------------------------------
(Mine was stuck to a much needed new running watch)

Ma-Ma, How do I love thee?
Let me count the ways.

I love to see you sew and sell.
I love you when your legs do swell.

I love to see you smile and laugh.
You deserve a bubble bath.

I love to see you when you run
In my heart you're number one.

Be my Valentine.
Love Doug

1 comment:

Krissy said...

Those are so AWESOME! :)