Thursday, May 21, 2009

Tasty Tomatoes and Frosties

I have a ton to say but here are just a few things. It's been raining and raining all week long. I'm currently waiting for some stripper to work on my cabinets in the bathroom so I can stain them tomorrow. We plan on finally tiling it this weekend. But anyway, here are some pictures from today and yesterday. Today Jack picked his first cherry tomato from his tomato plant. He has been taking good care of it, watering it and checking on it and he finally got one ripe enough to pick. He ate it and said it was good. It must have been good because later...

...when we were out taking this picture he told me he was just going to pick some more to eat. Too bad there aren't any more ripe yet. I told him to give it a few more days. We are also growing cucumbers (Max's) and Mer planted a cabbage she got from school.
When Doug and Jack were walking outside to pick his tomato, they spied a Hawk, we think, sitting on our back fence. One more bit of wildlife we can add to the list that we've seen in our yard or neighborhood. (along with an armadillo, opossom, turtles, sandhill cranes, bunnies, raccoons, skinks outside and in our bathroom, lizards and snakes, just to name a few)
And finally... yesterday evening Doug was so excited that mutual got cancelled that he took the whole family out for Frosties. Everyone got their own including Luke with his very own tiny size. Of course he's at the age that he wants to do it all by himself and he screams if you are even touching the cup, so we let him have a go at serving himself. He did fairly well until...
...until I looked back and saw that he was shoving his whole hand down into the cup. I hollered "no no no" at him and he started crying.
He recovered quickly with another bite and I think thoroughly enjoyed his first very own Frosty.

3 comments:

Becky N. said...

Ahh, Luke!! Too cute. Love the update. :)

Liz said...

I love the frosty pics. Almost as much as I love that Luke insisted on feeding himself.

Sarah, how in the world do you always get a garden to grow so well??? Florida has crazy weather, and the garden looks amazing. I wish I had your green thumb.

FWmom said...

is that cabbage?? it is huge!!! Luke is so big and i think he is the age Cam was when we moved!! time goes so fast.