I'm a little slow at posting this but last weekend Doug ran his first official Marathon. He did the local Inaugural Melbourne and Beaches Marathon. We all went out to cheer him on and keep tabs on him around town. He was looking really good here when he passed us at 16 miles he was placed 30th male.

Here he is running over one of the "causeways" of the Indian river.

The last 6 or 7 miles he had to run/walk because his legs were cramping up pretty badly. He came in at 3:46. Of course, Doug is his worst critic and would say he didn't do so great. But I think he did awesome. Good job Doug! Now that he has followed in the footsteps of his Dad and Sis, (and Mom if I'm not mistaken?) he can finally be considered a true Markos.
I have to add one more note and show off a couple of aprons that I made this week for a raffle basket at school. They are matching Mom and Daughter ones. I love how they turned out. 
8 comments:
YAY!!! great job to Doug! and that is a great time! even with leg cramps and walking that is a about an 8 plus a few seconds minute mile or so.
that is awesome! Is he ready for another yet?
and i love those aprons! so cute. I know they will be popular at the auction!
Have a great Valentines!!
Way to go Doug! I don't think that I could ever do that. Love the aprons! I totally want one! You should open up an etsy shop.
Doug is really making ME feel old! :) That is awesome, Ben just started riding his bike at night about 6 miles. And I am currently working on exercising my arm as I....ugh...strain....to....lift....my....fork! LOL BTW- I love the aprons. I have been hooked on making them since our craft day a few years ago when they taught a pattern there. I love to try and find vintage fabrics and old napkins to use for the material. So do you have awebsite for your business?
Dude, Doug is awesome. And so are you, Sarah! Those aprons are adorable.
Way cute aprons. Make more and put them on your etsy page. Love them!!
isn't he following in the footsteps of his wife, too?! weren't you pregnant with Mer when you ran St George? way to go, Doug!
the aprons? darling!
So fun to see and talk to you guys last week! Congrats again Doug, I think you time is amazing!
Sarah, those aprons are the cutest thing EVER!!! LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM!
Way to go Bro!! I'm sure you are critical of your time because it's hard to admit that your little sister is faster than you!! Eat my dust! J/K.
And, Sarah, I believe that Doug is following in your footsteps as well. You must not forget that you and I ran the St. George Marathon together and you were pregnant with Meredith! Pregnant and Marathoning. I call that being a true Markos.
Lastly, the aprons are simply adorable. Such a cute pattern and I love the Henry Alexander print. Darling!
Post a Comment